Sunday 19 December 2010

The Season of Giving and Goodwill

“He who obtains has little. He who scatters has much.”
~Lao-Tzu


Christmas, they say, is the season of goodwill and giving. And, as I'm discovering, there are a lot of thoughtful and giving people out there.

Over the past month or so, I have been rendered speechless by the blog posts which have been cropping up from people who are in support of my pen-palling film (For those not in the know, it's a user generated film about people who take part in the age old hobby of exchanging letters through the postal service. I'm a fully paid up member of this hobby and wanted to make a film based around it). There have been several and I wouldn't have known about any of them unless various kind hearted people hadn't emailed me to let me know. But it's the fact that people are taking the time out from their lives to talk about something by someone they've never met. They've never met me and never spoken to me yet, with all the love in their hearts, they are grabbing this project by the proverbial horns and spreading the word. Wow! Just wow! I can't find the words to express how I feel about what these kind and lovely people are doing for me! Blog posts, emails, words of encouragement and love. Where has this outpouring come from?!

So thank you to the team at Sandbook for dedicating so much of their website and magazine to this project.
Thank you to Maxine at Penpal Magazine for blogging about us!
And thank you to the blog I discovered today, Penpalling and Letters for giving us space as well!

And thank you to everyone who emails and writes and keeps me going when the going gets tough! Thank you to all of you for being here and reading this, for offering your help and your support. You are all very special and extremely wonderful. May you all have a wonderful and joyous Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment